Saturday, May 19, 2007

Production week - Blackbird

Production week starting tomorrow. Ten to midnight and I’ve been in my studio for the last four hours fitting all the ideas that have been creeping in over the last few weeks down onto paper. The only pen I have here is a purple ball-point I stole from Corrine. People may laugh at my purple design in the morning. I should really learn to use CAD. Oh well. I like this crossing out of things and re-drawing them. I love how these little purple diagrams are going, with a little swearing and scratching of heads, to turn into a series of states of light.

I still feel like the play is a gift. Today sat watching nick and Rachel polish and polish and polish the same quick thirty second exchange, but also sat hearing the delicate words still not exhausted by over-use. Word-to-word combat. Thrust and riposte. And not awkward, not heightened, not strained. Natural. Just the way we’d all speak in moments of tension if only we could.

Marcus.

No comments: