Thursday, May 24, 2007

Preview Friday 25th at 7.30pm Tickets $20

The set is trying to get the upper hand on me. It's so beautifully grungy - John is amazing! But the rubbish... the rubbish... arrgh, the rubbish! I have now become a Trash Wrangler. People greet me by handing me bags of banana and orange peels and empty cans. And stranger still, I'm grateful for it! The rubbish on this glorious and beautifully filthy set is like a third character. It has a mind of it's own. It rolls around, it crunches underfoot, it goes off. Nick and Rachel are brilliant, they are intense and wonderful and courageous... but there's bound to be one unruly cast member among such wonderful people and in our crew it's the rubbish. Marcus chuckles at me holding my head and wondering exactly how to go about re-setting the trash every run.
Aside from all the necessary mess, things have come together beautifully! The play is raw and demanding and so very intimate in our little studio theatre. I hope, I really hope that audiences come out and give it a chance. Their closeness, their presence, their emotional reactions... that's what it's all about. It's such a gorgeous play. Such a wonderfully dirty set. And such breathtaking performances... such amazing direction... thank you Jane and Nick and Rachel, Marcus and John and Katie, for this journey. Now we wait for the audience...

Corinne
Stage Manager

No comments: